IPS officer killing case: Accused applies for bail
Indore: The lone accused in the IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh killing case on Thursday moved a bail application in the Special CBI Court here.
Mahendra Morya, counsel of the accused, Manoj Gurjar, filed the plea in the Special Court presided over by Judge Anupam Srivastava. CBI, which probed the killing, has produced its evidence in the trial court. However, no significant evidence has been produced to prove charges levelled against Gurjar and hence he should be granted bail, Morya told reporters outside the court.
The plea will be taken up by the court Friday during the trial, which is going on for over three months, he said.
A key prosecution witness, C B S Raghuvanshi, a former in-charge of Banmore police station (under whose jurisdiction the crime took place) on Thursday did not turn up in the court. He may depose tomorrow, Morya said.
The court has framed charges against Gurjar under IPC Sections 304 (culpable homicide) and 353 (use of criminal force to prevent government official from discharging his duties) and Section 181 of the Motor Vehicle Act.
Gurjar is accused of mowing down Singh when the latter tried to stop his tractor-trolley loaded with illegally mined stones in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh on March 8 this year.
The 30-year-old victim was posted as Sub-Divisional Officer of Police at Banmore at the time of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'