IPS officer murder case: Court dismisses defence plea seeking call details
Indore: A special CBI court on Friday dismissed the defence lawyer`s plea seeking phone call details of main accused Manoj Gurjar, the then SP of Morena and two other policemen in connection with the murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar.
CBI judge Anupam Shrivastava dismissed the plea due to lack of circumstantial evidence and facts in the matter.
The plea was filed in the light of Kumar`s father Keshav Dev`s court statement in which he had raised suspicions that mining mafia had conspired to kill his son and also alleged that former minister Rustam Singh had given protection to them.
The court has fixed December 10 as the next date of hearing.
Kumar was allegedly crushed to death under a tractor- trolley on March 8, at Banmore town, while attempting to curb illegal mining.
A case under Sec 304 and 353 of the IPC was registered against Gurjar after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened