IPS officer’s killing: MP CM orders CBI probe
Bhopal: With pressure mounting, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has ordered a probe in to into the murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh, allegedly by a mining mafia member in Morena district.
The Chouhan government had already ordered a judicial probe into the killing of the 30-year-old officer who was mowed down by a tractor-trolley allegedly laden with illegally mined stones at Banmore town on March 8.
However, under pressure from the opposition and mounting anger against the government, the state government has now ordered a CBI probe.
The announcement was made on a day when the Congress has called for a bandh in the state demanding a CBI probe.
The Congress Legislature Party will also raise the issue vociferously in the Legislative assembly on Tuesday during the ongoing Budget Session when it reconvenes after break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'