`IPS officer`s murder a well-planned conspiracy`
Bhopal: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Friday
alleged that the murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh in
Morena district yesterday was a well-planned conspiracy by the
"I have no doubt in my mind that the killing of the IPS
officer is not a stray incident," he told PTI here.
Seeking to downplay the Madhya Pradesh government`s
decision to order a judicial probe into the incident, Digvijay
said "nothing much should be read into it".
Digvijay said if the state government was serious over
the issue of illegal mining, "it should order a probe into all
instances of illegal quarrying spanning last 18 years,"
including the ten years when he himself was the Chief
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan refused
to comment over Digvijay`s remarks saying that he did not
consider him (Digvijay) a "trustworthy" man.
The 30-year-old IPS officer was mowed down yesterday by a
tractor-trolley, being driven by an alleged member of the
mining mafia, when he tried to stop the vehicle carrying
stones in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video