`IPS officer`s murder a well-planned conspiracy`
Bhopal: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Friday
alleged that the murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh in
Morena district yesterday was a well-planned conspiracy by the
"I have no doubt in my mind that the killing of the IPS
officer is not a stray incident," he told PTI here.
Seeking to downplay the Madhya Pradesh government`s
decision to order a judicial probe into the incident, Digvijay
said "nothing much should be read into it".
Digvijay said if the state government was serious over
the issue of illegal mining, "it should order a probe into all
instances of illegal quarrying spanning last 18 years,"
including the ten years when he himself was the Chief
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan refused
to comment over Digvijay`s remarks saying that he did not
consider him (Digvijay) a "trustworthy" man.
The 30-year-old IPS officer was mowed down yesterday by a
tractor-trolley, being driven by an alleged member of the
mining mafia, when he tried to stop the vehicle carrying
stones in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption