`IPS officer`s murder a well-planned conspiracy`
Bhopal: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Friday
alleged that the murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh in
Morena district yesterday was a well-planned conspiracy by the
"I have no doubt in my mind that the killing of the IPS
officer is not a stray incident," he told PTI here.
Seeking to downplay the Madhya Pradesh government`s
decision to order a judicial probe into the incident, Digvijay
said "nothing much should be read into it".
Digvijay said if the state government was serious over
the issue of illegal mining, "it should order a probe into all
instances of illegal quarrying spanning last 18 years,"
including the ten years when he himself was the Chief
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan refused
to comment over Digvijay`s remarks saying that he did not
consider him (Digvijay) a "trustworthy" man.
The 30-year-old IPS officer was mowed down yesterday by a
tractor-trolley, being driven by an alleged member of the
mining mafia, when he tried to stop the vehicle carrying
stones in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof