`IPS officer`s murder a well-planned conspiracy`
Bhopal: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Friday
alleged that the murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh in
Morena district yesterday was a well-planned conspiracy by the
"I have no doubt in my mind that the killing of the IPS
officer is not a stray incident," he told PTI here.
Seeking to downplay the Madhya Pradesh government`s
decision to order a judicial probe into the incident, Digvijay
said "nothing much should be read into it".
Digvijay said if the state government was serious over
the issue of illegal mining, "it should order a probe into all
instances of illegal quarrying spanning last 18 years,"
including the ten years when he himself was the Chief
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan refused
to comment over Digvijay`s remarks saying that he did not
consider him (Digvijay) a "trustworthy" man.
The 30-year-old IPS officer was mowed down yesterday by a
tractor-trolley, being driven by an alleged member of the
mining mafia, when he tried to stop the vehicle carrying
stones in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming