IPS officer`s murder: Ajay slams Govt`s jungle raj
Bhopal: The Leader of Opposition in the
Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh on Monday said the ruling BJP government`s "jungle raj" and "callous" attitude led to the death of IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh.
"What can one say about a state where a young IPS
officer is brutally crushed to death under a tractor-trolley.
It appears that a "jungle raj" was prevailing all over the
state," Ajay told.
He said the IPS officer had lost his life simply due to
the "negligent and callous" attitude of the BJP government in
"Congress has been raising the issue of illegal mining in
Madhya Pradesh but the state government has done nothing to curb it. Instead, it looks as if the State government is busy
in giving protection to those involved in illegal mining,"
the Leader of Opposition said.
He said State Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan has
already announced a judicial probe into the killing of IPS
officer, Narendra Kumar Singh.
"But the Congress is not satisfied with this and wants
that the killing should be probed by CBI," Ajay said.
He said that the Congress was demanding a CBI probe as
this alone will help in reaching the truth about the police
He said the Congress had made many points against illegal
mining in the state during the discussion on the no-confidence motion in the winter session of the Assembly last year.
He said that then also the government had chosen not
to reply to the points raised by the Congress.
"It appears that even now the government is silent and not
doing anything to curb illegal mining in Madhya Pradesh," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Hollywood overpowers Bollywood at Box Office, again! 'X-Men Apocalypse' earns RS 10.16 cr
- Solar Impulse 2 plane successfully lands in Dayton, Ohio
- WATCH: 'We'll come to India to take revenge of Babri Masjid, Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar', threatens ISIS video
- Cricket fraternity congratulates new BCCI president Anurag Thakur
- Watch – Transgenders trying to steal baby in Delhi's Pacific mall