IPS officer`s murder: Ajay slams Govt`s jungle raj
Bhopal: The Leader of Opposition in the
Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh on Monday said the ruling BJP government`s "jungle raj" and "callous" attitude led to the death of IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh.
"What can one say about a state where a young IPS
officer is brutally crushed to death under a tractor-trolley.
It appears that a "jungle raj" was prevailing all over the
state," Ajay told.
He said the IPS officer had lost his life simply due to
the "negligent and callous" attitude of the BJP government in
"Congress has been raising the issue of illegal mining in
Madhya Pradesh but the state government has done nothing to curb it. Instead, it looks as if the State government is busy
in giving protection to those involved in illegal mining,"
the Leader of Opposition said.
He said State Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan has
already announced a judicial probe into the killing of IPS
officer, Narendra Kumar Singh.
"But the Congress is not satisfied with this and wants
that the killing should be probed by CBI," Ajay said.
He said that the Congress was demanding a CBI probe as
this alone will help in reaching the truth about the police
He said the Congress had made many points against illegal
mining in the state during the discussion on the no-confidence motion in the winter session of the Assembly last year.
He said that then also the government had chosen not
to reply to the points raised by the Congress.
"It appears that even now the government is silent and not
doing anything to curb illegal mining in Madhya Pradesh," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday