IPS officer`s murder: IAS officers demanded probe
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh IAS Officers Association has demanded a `proper probe` and `stern action` against those responsible for the killing of IPS officer, Narendra Kumar Singh.
"Judicial enquiry has been ordered into the case by the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and we have also demanded that a proper enquiry should be made and stern action taken in the matter," the Association President Aruna Sharma said to sources.
When asked about the demand for a CBI probe raised by the slain officer`s wife, Madhurani Tewatia, who is also an IAS officer posted at Gwalior, Sharma said, "no comment on that as judicial enquiry has already been ordered."
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh IPS Officers Association has expressed concern over the rising number of incidents of assault on police officials in the state.
"The rising incidents of assaults on the police officials is a matter of concern," MP IPS Officers Association President, V K Singh said.
When asked about the demand for handing over the probe into IPS officer`s killing to the CBI, Singh said, "since judicial enquiry has been ordered, it`s difficult to say anything about it."
"The Association will take a call on it in case some new facts about the incident came to light after the probe," he said adding till now the Association has not taken any stand on the demand.
The young officer was allegedly murdered when he forced to stop a tractor-trolley carrying illegally mined stones and in the process got crushed under it on March 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’