IPS officer`s murder: IAS officers seek action
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh IAS Officers
Association has demanded a `proper probe` and `stern action`
against those responsible for the killing of IPS officer,
Narendra Kumar Singh.
"Judicial enquiry has been ordered into the case by the
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and we have also
demanded that a proper enquiry should be made and stern action
taken in the matter," the Association President Aruna Sharma
When asked about the demand for a CBI probe raised by
the slain officer`s wife, Madhurani Tewatia, who is also an
IAS officer posted at Gwalior, Sharma said, "no comment on
that as judicial enquiry has already been ordered."
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh IPS Officers Association has
expressed concern over the rising number of incidents of
assault on police officials in the state.
"The rising incidents of assaults on the police
officials is a matter of concern," MP IPS Officers Association
President, V K Singh told PTI.
When asked about the demand for handing over the probe
into IPS officer`s killing to the CBI, Singh said, "since
judicial enquiry has been ordered, it`s difficult to say
anything about it."
"The Association will take a call on it in case some
new facts about the incident came to light after the probe,"
he said adding till now the Association has not taken any
stand on the demand.
The young officer was allegedly murdered when he
forced to stop a tractor-trolley carrying illegally mined
stones and in the process got crushed under it on March 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25