IPS officer`s murder: MP Cong`s bandh peaceful
Bhopal: The call for a day-long bandh
given by the state Congress on Tuesday to protest against the
killing of young IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh, was
observed in a peaceful manner in the state.
The Congress claimed that the bandh, which was a big
success, as shops and commercial establishments remained
closed in the city.
Markets in the state capital wore a deserted look, as
shops in almost all the markets of Bhopal, were shut. However,
no untoward incident was reported from anywhere in the state ,
Inspector General Law and Order SK Pandey said.
The Congress had given a call for bandh up to 3 PM,
as the commercials had remained closed yesterday due to Holi
"The bandh had been called only till afternoon, so
that the shopkeepers don`t suffer much losses," state Congress
media department chairman Manak Agrawal told PTI.
Reports from Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Dewas, Dhar,
Jhabua, Alirajpur, Ratlam, Mandsaur, Neemuch, Ujjain, Nagda,
Shajapur, Guna, Rajgarh, Mandla, Narsinghpur, Betul,
Hoshangabad, Shivpuri, Morena and Bhind among other places
described the bandh as "successful" and by and large peaceful.
The Congress had excluded education, health and
transport services from the bandh to avoid inconvenience to
school children and commuters.
Besides holding the protests, the Congress on Tuesday
demanded that the probe be handed over to the CBI for thorough
The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan has announced today that his government would
recommend a CBI probe into the killing of IPS officer Narendra
Kumar Singh in Morena district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal