‘Irregularities at Makhanlal Chaturvedi Univ’
Bhopal: Alleging rampant irregularities
in Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism
here, the main Opposition Congress on Thursday said in state
Assembly that the institution was more `influenced` by the
ruling BJP government.
The matter was raised through a calling attention
motion moved by Brajendra Singh Rathod and Purshottam Dangi of
Alleging that the city-based university of journalism
has deviated from its goals set 20 years ago, they said it was
more influenced by the ruling BJP government.
There is a deterioration in the general quality of
research and practical training being imparted to budding
journalists, they said.
In the name of a studio, the university has a small
room and lacks even basic facilities. Besides, number of
controversial appointments were made flouting UGC norms, the
MLAs said, adding some appointment letters were directly
issued by the chief minister.
Meanwhile, denying the allegations, state Public
Relations Minister, Laxmikant Sharma, said no such things were
happening in the university and it has been working
dedicatedly towards its established goals.
A full-fledged TV studio is functioning in the
university and so does a printing press. Besides, the
institute has a plan to establish multi-colour printing press
soon, he added.
The university is currently running 27 practical
courses and has so far awarded Ph.D degrees to 25 students,
while over 4,000 students have got placement offers through
campus interviews, Sharma said.
On the controversial appointments, the minister said
all of them were made as per the UGC guidelines and only in
some specific areas, where services of experts were needed,
jobs were given on contractual basis and the same were
ratified by the University General Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal