IT raid at FITJEE premises in Bhopal
Bhopal: Income Tax sleuths conducted raids at a franchisee of coaching institute FITJEE and its office in Platinum Plaza here.
The raids were carried out yesterday at Mayur School (franchisee) premises in Ratibad area, in connection with FITJEE`s expansion plan under which it was intending to open four global schools in prominent cities across the country, official sources said here today.
A team from the investigation wing of the IT department including 25 officers seized bank accounts and e-records of FITJEE and Mayur School during the raid.
Simultaneous raids were also conducted at its franchisees in New Delhi, Mumbai, Indore, Kolkata, Kota, Ahmedabad, Patna, Gurgaon and Noida, sources added.
When contacted, FITJEE refused to comment on the raid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah