Jabalpur civic official does sit-ups to seek `forgiveness`
Jabalpur: A civic official on Tuesday did sit-ups holding his ears and asked for "forgiveness" as he could not do much for victims of a boat capsize in the Narmada river last month in which seven people were killed.
The Congress ward commissioner Mukesh Rathore first did sit-ups holding his ears inside the municipal corporation building and told the house that he is really sorry he could not do much to save victims of the Jan 15 boat capsize.
Later he did the sit-ups before the reporters as well, and while doing so he said, "I seek forgiveness from the victim`s kin as the incident had taken place because of the carelessness of the municipal corporation, but they neither visited them nor gave any compensation", said Rathore, targetting the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) that rules the Jabalpur Municipal Corporation (JMC).
"I also want to say that the BJP government is shameless and did not care for the victims", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy