Jabalpur court sends SIMI chief to JC till Nov 27
Jabalpur: A local court on Monday turned down
Madhya Pradesh government`s plea for further police remand of
banned SIMI outfit chief Innamur Rehman and sent him to
judicial custody till November 27.
Dismissing the state government`s application seeking
extension of Rehman`s police remand, Chief Judicial Magistrate
Sharad Chandra Saxena said the police were given adequate time
to quiz the SIMI chief, who along with three others had been
arrested here on November 3.
Rehman had also been booked under Prevention of Unlawful
Activities Act by Rajasthan police.
On November 13, the CJM has extended police remand of
Rehman for questioning till today.
The other three accused were already in judicial custody
since November 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH