Jabalpur court sends SIMI chief to JC till Nov 27
Jabalpur: A local court on Monday turned down
Madhya Pradesh government`s plea for further police remand of
banned SIMI outfit chief Innamur Rehman and sent him to
judicial custody till November 27.
Dismissing the state government`s application seeking
extension of Rehman`s police remand, Chief Judicial Magistrate
Sharad Chandra Saxena said the police were given adequate time
to quiz the SIMI chief, who along with three others had been
arrested here on November 3.
Rehman had also been booked under Prevention of Unlawful
Activities Act by Rajasthan police.
On November 13, the CJM has extended police remand of
Rehman for questioning till today.
The other three accused were already in judicial custody
since November 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened