Jabalpur mayor tests positive for H1N1 virus
Jabalpur: With H1N1 viral infection continuing in Madhya Pradesh, Jabalpur Mayor Prabhat Sahu has become its latest victim, health officials said here.
The mayor had been suffering from fever for the past few days since his return from Nagod.
Yesterday, his blood sample was sent for testing which confirmed that he was suffering from the H1N1 infection, officials said.
Sahu has been advised complete rest for the next few days and is being treated for the disease, they said.
The state has so far reported 17 deaths due to the swine flu from January 01 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!