Jabalpur mayor tests positive for H1N1 virus
Jabalpur: With H1N1 viral infection continuing in Madhya Pradesh, Jabalpur Mayor Prabhat Sahu has become its latest victim, health officials said here.
The mayor had been suffering from fever for the past few days since his return from Nagod.
Yesterday, his blood sample was sent for testing which confirmed that he was suffering from the H1N1 infection, officials said.
Sahu has been advised complete rest for the next few days and is being treated for the disease, they said.
The state has so far reported 17 deaths due to the swine flu from January 01 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez