Javadekar set to be elected unopposed to the Rajya Sabha
Bhopal: Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar is all set to be elected unopposed as a Rajya Sabha member from Madhya Pradesh in a bypoll.
Incidentally, Javadekar`s was the only nomination form received by the Assembly`s secretariat.
"Javadekar`s nomination papers were found valid during the scrutiny," the bypoll returning officer and assembly principal secretary Bhagwandev Israni said in a release today.
The last date for withdrawal of nomination is June 12 and after that, results would be declared.
Incidentally, the bypoll was necessitated since the sitting BJP member and former Union Minister, Faggan Singh Kulaste got elected to the Lok Sabha from Mandla (ST) seat after which he resigned from his Rajya Sabha membership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?