Javadekar set to be elected unopposed to the Rajya Sabha
Bhopal: Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar is all set to be elected unopposed as a Rajya Sabha member from Madhya Pradesh in a bypoll.
Incidentally, Javadekar`s was the only nomination form received by the Assembly`s secretariat.
"Javadekar`s nomination papers were found valid during the scrutiny," the bypoll returning officer and assembly principal secretary Bhagwandev Israni said in a release today.
The last date for withdrawal of nomination is June 12 and after that, results would be declared.
Incidentally, the bypoll was necessitated since the sitting BJP member and former Union Minister, Faggan Singh Kulaste got elected to the Lok Sabha from Mandla (ST) seat after which he resigned from his Rajya Sabha membership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state