Jeep runs into school building on Gwalior-Jhansi road, 6 dead
Tikamgarh: Six persons, including three girls, were killed and 14 injured when a jeep in which they were travelling ran into the building of an Aganwadi school on the Gwalior-Jhansi road on Thursday.
The accident took place in the wee hours, near Digora village. The Mahindra Max jeep was carrying newspaper bundles and some passengers from Gwalior, police said.
Digora police station in-charge K D Singh told that the victims hailed from Tikamgarh, and the jeep, which had no taxi permit, was not authorised to carry passengers.
The driver apparently lost control of the vehicle when he dozed off while at the wheel, he said.
Police were yet to ascertain whether the driver was among the dead as the deceased were not yet identified.
Six persons who were seriously injured were shifted to Gwalior while eight others were treated at the district hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi