Jeep runs into school building on Gwalior-Jhansi road, 6 dead
Tikamgarh: Six persons, including three girls, were killed and 14 injured when a jeep in which they were travelling ran into the building of an Aganwadi school on the Gwalior-Jhansi road on Thursday.
The accident took place in the wee hours, near Digora village. The Mahindra Max jeep was carrying newspaper bundles and some passengers from Gwalior, police said.
Digora police station in-charge K D Singh told that the victims hailed from Tikamgarh, and the jeep, which had no taxi permit, was not authorised to carry passengers.
The driver apparently lost control of the vehicle when he dozed off while at the wheel, he said.
Police were yet to ascertain whether the driver was among the dead as the deceased were not yet identified.
Six persons who were seriously injured were shifted to Gwalior while eight others were treated at the district hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'