Jewellery worth Rs 15 lakh stolen from ancient MP temple
Sagar (MP): Gold and silver jewellery worth around Rs 15 lakh were allegedly stolen by from the 17th century Patneshwar Dham Temple at Dhana village near here.
The incident took place under Surkhi Police Station area on the intervening night of Sunday and Monday when temple priest Shiv Kumar Pyasi was asleep in the nearby cottage, police sources said today.
The thieves made their way into the Ram Darbar and Parvati Goddess temple housed at Patneshwar Dham after breaking eight locks and decamped with the valuables.
Built by Gond ruler, Queen Rani Laxmibai, the Patneshwar Dham Temple is one of the famous Shiva temples of the district.
Temple priest told the police that he found the locks of both the temples broken at around 2 AM on that night when he went there to check the area as per routine schedule.
A case has been registered in this regard and efforts were on to nab the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali