Jha defends BJP’s protest against Kulaste arrest
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat
Jha on Sunday justified the agitation for the release of former
party MP Phaggan Singh Kulaste, who has been jailed in
connection with the cash-for-vote scam.
"I do not think that BJP is doing anything wrong in
demanding Kulaste`s release," Jha said.
He maintained that BJP was not committing a contempt of
court by demanding Kulaste`s release, as it was only
protesting the police`s decision to arrest Kulaste.
The BJP leader also said that by getting Kulaste
arrested, the Congress was, in a way, committing excesses
against the SCs and STs in the state.
Jha also said that it was incomprehensible why his
Congress counterpart in the state, Kantilal Bhuria, said that
the money for the scam was sent from Madhya Pradesh.
Till date the Delhi Police had not found the source of
money, Jha pointed out, adding that police must question
Bhuria and find out the basis of this allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!