Jha defends BJP’s protest against Kulaste arrest
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat
Jha on Sunday justified the agitation for the release of former
party MP Phaggan Singh Kulaste, who has been jailed in
connection with the cash-for-vote scam.
"I do not think that BJP is doing anything wrong in
demanding Kulaste`s release," Jha said.
He maintained that BJP was not committing a contempt of
court by demanding Kulaste`s release, as it was only
protesting the police`s decision to arrest Kulaste.
The BJP leader also said that by getting Kulaste
arrested, the Congress was, in a way, committing excesses
against the SCs and STs in the state.
Jha also said that it was incomprehensible why his
Congress counterpart in the state, Kantilal Bhuria, said that
the money for the scam was sent from Madhya Pradesh.
Till date the Delhi Police had not found the source of
money, Jha pointed out, adding that police must question
Bhuria and find out the basis of this allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!