Jha defends BJP’s protest against Kulaste arrest
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat
Jha on Sunday justified the agitation for the release of former
party MP Phaggan Singh Kulaste, who has been jailed in
connection with the cash-for-vote scam.
"I do not think that BJP is doing anything wrong in
demanding Kulaste`s release," Jha said.
He maintained that BJP was not committing a contempt of
court by demanding Kulaste`s release, as it was only
protesting the police`s decision to arrest Kulaste.
The BJP leader also said that by getting Kulaste
arrested, the Congress was, in a way, committing excesses
against the SCs and STs in the state.
Jha also said that it was incomprehensible why his
Congress counterpart in the state, Kantilal Bhuria, said that
the money for the scam was sent from Madhya Pradesh.
Till date the Delhi Police had not found the source of
money, Jha pointed out, adding that police must question
Bhuria and find out the basis of this allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail