Jha defends BJP’s protest against Kulaste arrest
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat
Jha on Sunday justified the agitation for the release of former
party MP Phaggan Singh Kulaste, who has been jailed in
connection with the cash-for-vote scam.
"I do not think that BJP is doing anything wrong in
demanding Kulaste`s release," Jha said.
He maintained that BJP was not committing a contempt of
court by demanding Kulaste`s release, as it was only
protesting the police`s decision to arrest Kulaste.
The BJP leader also said that by getting Kulaste
arrested, the Congress was, in a way, committing excesses
against the SCs and STs in the state.
Jha also said that it was incomprehensible why his
Congress counterpart in the state, Kantilal Bhuria, said that
the money for the scam was sent from Madhya Pradesh.
Till date the Delhi Police had not found the source of
money, Jha pointed out, adding that police must question
Bhuria and find out the basis of this allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town