Jha defends BJP’s protest against Kulaste arrest
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat
Jha on Sunday justified the agitation for the release of former
party MP Phaggan Singh Kulaste, who has been jailed in
connection with the cash-for-vote scam.
"I do not think that BJP is doing anything wrong in
demanding Kulaste`s release," Jha said.
He maintained that BJP was not committing a contempt of
court by demanding Kulaste`s release, as it was only
protesting the police`s decision to arrest Kulaste.
The BJP leader also said that by getting Kulaste
arrested, the Congress was, in a way, committing excesses
against the SCs and STs in the state.
Jha also said that it was incomprehensible why his
Congress counterpart in the state, Kantilal Bhuria, said that
the money for the scam was sent from Madhya Pradesh.
Till date the Delhi Police had not found the source of
money, Jha pointed out, adding that police must question
Bhuria and find out the basis of this allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre
- Philippine govt, Communist rebels agree on indefinite truce: Norway