Jitendra Singh visits martyr Sudhakar`s family
Sidhi (Madhya Pradesh): Minister of State for Defence, Jitendra Singh on Thursday visited Darhiya village near here and met the family of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh Baghel, one of the soldiers killed in an attack by the Pakistan army along LoC.
The minister arrived at Churat here by helicopter and reached the village alongwith Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh.
Jitendra consoled the family of the martyred soldier and announced a cheque of Rs five lakh for his mother.
Speaking to reporters, the minister condemned the brutal killing of the two soldiers and said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has already warned Pakistan sternly in the wake of a spate of attacks in Kashmir.
Army Chief Bikram Singh is slated to visit Darhiya tomorrow.
On January 8, Pakistan Army regulars had infiltrated inside Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir and killed and mutilated the bodies of Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!