Jitendra Singh visits martyr Sudhakar`s family
Sidhi (Madhya Pradesh): Minister of State for Defence, Jitendra Singh on Thursday visited Darhiya village near here and met the family of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh Baghel, one of the soldiers killed in an attack by the Pakistan army along LoC.
The minister arrived at Churat here by helicopter and reached the village alongwith Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh.
Jitendra consoled the family of the martyred soldier and announced a cheque of Rs five lakh for his mother.
Speaking to reporters, the minister condemned the brutal killing of the two soldiers and said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has already warned Pakistan sternly in the wake of a spate of attacks in Kashmir.
Army Chief Bikram Singh is slated to visit Darhiya tomorrow.
On January 8, Pakistan Army regulars had infiltrated inside Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir and killed and mutilated the bodies of Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days