Jitendra Singh visits martyr Sudhakar`s family
Sidhi (Madhya Pradesh): Minister of State for Defence, Jitendra Singh on Thursday visited Darhiya village near here and met the family of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh Baghel, one of the soldiers killed in an attack by the Pakistan army along LoC.
The minister arrived at Churat here by helicopter and reached the village alongwith Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh.
Jitendra consoled the family of the martyred soldier and announced a cheque of Rs five lakh for his mother.
Speaking to reporters, the minister condemned the brutal killing of the two soldiers and said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has already warned Pakistan sternly in the wake of a spate of attacks in Kashmir.
Army Chief Bikram Singh is slated to visit Darhiya tomorrow.
On January 8, Pakistan Army regulars had infiltrated inside Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir and killed and mutilated the bodies of Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off