Journalist arrested for allegedly blackmailing businessman
Balaghat: A journalist was arrested on the directives of a court here, for allegedly blackmailing a businessman, the police said Monday.
Police said that a female journalist involved in the matter is absconding.
A businessman, identified as Raja Savlani had filed a private complaint with a local court that journalists Himanshu Jain and Barkha Nag were blackmailing him in connection with a rape incident.
He had also submitted evidence like mobile call details and recordings of their conversations to the court to substantiate his complaint.
On the basis of his complaint and available evidence, the court ordered the police to register a case under Sections 384, 417, 429, 120 of the Indian Penal Code and the Income Tax Act`s Section 67 against them and also arrest them.
After this, Jain was arrested and produced in the Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court from where he was sent to jail under judicial custody.
The police is searching the female journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi