‘Journo murder: MP govt shielding mining mafia’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress chief
Kantilal Bhuria today alleged that the state government was
trying to shield the mining mafia in connection with recent
murder of journalist Chandrika Rai.
"It appears that an attempt has been made by the
government to save alleged involvement of powerful people
associated with the mining mafia in the state in this regard,"
he said, adding during his visit to Umaria town people told
him that mining mafia was apparently involved in the crime.
Blaming "lack of coordination" between the Home
ministry and the probe agency Special Task Force (STF), Bhuria
said the differences between them give rise to a suspicion
that there is something "amiss" in the sensational murder
"It is for the first time in the history of state that
on an issue of serious crime, the Home Minister, DGP and the
probe agency STF are giving different versions," Bhuria said
in a statement here.
While STF along with Umaria Police is claiming that
the case has been cracked, Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta and
the DGP S K Raut were saying that the investigations are still
on, he said.
Chandrika Rai, his wife Durga, son Jalaj and daughter
Nisha were found murdered at their house at Umaria town on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!