‘Journo murder: MP govt shielding mining mafia’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress chief
Kantilal Bhuria today alleged that the state government was
trying to shield the mining mafia in connection with recent
murder of journalist Chandrika Rai.
"It appears that an attempt has been made by the
government to save alleged involvement of powerful people
associated with the mining mafia in the state in this regard,"
he said, adding during his visit to Umaria town people told
him that mining mafia was apparently involved in the crime.
Blaming "lack of coordination" between the Home
ministry and the probe agency Special Task Force (STF), Bhuria
said the differences between them give rise to a suspicion
that there is something "amiss" in the sensational murder
"It is for the first time in the history of state that
on an issue of serious crime, the Home Minister, DGP and the
probe agency STF are giving different versions," Bhuria said
in a statement here.
While STF along with Umaria Police is claiming that
the case has been cracked, Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta and
the DGP S K Raut were saying that the investigations are still
on, he said.
Chandrika Rai, his wife Durga, son Jalaj and daughter
Nisha were found murdered at their house at Umaria town on
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis