JUDA president attempts suicide in hostel
Indore: A junior doctors` association president allegedly attempted suicide by injecting himself with a poisonous substance in his hostel room here, police said on Thursday.
Junior Doctors Association (JUDA) president Dr Manish Karothia, a third year student of medicine of MGM Medical College, tried to take his life by administering himself a poisonous injection late last night, they said.
"He was first rushed to the MY Hospital and from there to Apollo Hospital where his condition is said to be very serious," a JUDA functionary said.
A dispute over his engagement to a girl is said to be the reason behind Karothia taking the extreme step, he said.
Sanyogitaganj police station In-charge said they are awaiting a medico legal report in this regard from the hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!