JUDA president attempts suicide in hostel
Indore: A junior doctors` association president allegedly attempted suicide by injecting himself with a poisonous substance in his hostel room here, police said on Thursday.
Junior Doctors Association (JUDA) president Dr Manish Karothia, a third year student of medicine of MGM Medical College, tried to take his life by administering himself a poisonous injection late last night, they said.
"He was first rushed to the MY Hospital and from there to Apollo Hospital where his condition is said to be very serious," a JUDA functionary said.
A dispute over his engagement to a girl is said to be the reason behind Karothia taking the extreme step, he said.
Sanyogitaganj police station In-charge said they are awaiting a medico legal report in this regard from the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt