JUDA president attempts suicide in hostel
Indore: A junior doctors` association president allegedly attempted suicide by injecting himself with a poisonous substance in his hostel room here, police said on Thursday.
Junior Doctors Association (JUDA) president Dr Manish Karothia, a third year student of medicine of MGM Medical College, tried to take his life by administering himself a poisonous injection late last night, they said.
"He was first rushed to the MY Hospital and from there to Apollo Hospital where his condition is said to be very serious," a JUDA functionary said.
A dispute over his engagement to a girl is said to be the reason behind Karothia taking the extreme step, he said.
Sanyogitaganj police station In-charge said they are awaiting a medico legal report in this regard from the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef