JUDA president attempts suicide in hostel
Indore: A junior doctors` association president allegedly attempted suicide by injecting himself with a poisonous substance in his hostel room here, police said on Thursday.
Junior Doctors Association (JUDA) president Dr Manish Karothia, a third year student of medicine of MGM Medical College, tried to take his life by administering himself a poisonous injection late last night, they said.
"He was first rushed to the MY Hospital and from there to Apollo Hospital where his condition is said to be very serious," a JUDA functionary said.
A dispute over his engagement to a girl is said to be the reason behind Karothia taking the extreme step, he said.
Sanyogitaganj police station In-charge said they are awaiting a medico legal report in this regard from the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren