JUDA president attempts suicide in hostel
Indore: A junior doctors` association president allegedly attempted suicide by injecting himself with a poisonous substance in his hostel room here, police said on Thursday.
Junior Doctors Association (JUDA) president Dr Manish Karothia, a third year student of medicine of MGM Medical College, tried to take his life by administering himself a poisonous injection late last night, they said.
"He was first rushed to the MY Hospital and from there to Apollo Hospital where his condition is said to be very serious," a JUDA functionary said.
A dispute over his engagement to a girl is said to be the reason behind Karothia taking the extreme step, he said.
Sanyogitaganj police station In-charge said they are awaiting a medico legal report in this regard from the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened