Judicial system needs change to deal with rape cases: Digvijay
Guna: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Tuesday there was a need to change the judicial system to deal with rape and corruption related cases.
The Congress general secretary told reporters here that there was an unwanted delay in settling cases relating to rape or corruption as the accused had the right to appeal twice. He said that there should be separate courts for dealing with civil as well as criminal cases and the right to appeal should be restricted to only one.
About the Congress defeat for the third successive time in the Gujarat Assembly elections, he said that the party was seriously thinking about its weaknesses in the state.
"As far as Madhya Pradesh is concerned, the party leadership here is quite good," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!