Judicial system needs change to deal with rape cases: Digvijay
Guna: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Tuesday there was a need to change the judicial system to deal with rape and corruption related cases.
The Congress general secretary told reporters here that there was an unwanted delay in settling cases relating to rape or corruption as the accused had the right to appeal twice. He said that there should be separate courts for dealing with civil as well as criminal cases and the right to appeal should be restricted to only one.
About the Congress defeat for the third successive time in the Gujarat Assembly elections, he said that the party was seriously thinking about its weaknesses in the state.
"As far as Madhya Pradesh is concerned, the party leadership here is quite good," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch