Judicial system needs change to deal with rape cases: Digvijay
Guna: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Tuesday there was a need to change the judicial system to deal with rape and corruption related cases.
The Congress general secretary told reporters here that there was an unwanted delay in settling cases relating to rape or corruption as the accused had the right to appeal twice. He said that there should be separate courts for dealing with civil as well as criminal cases and the right to appeal should be restricted to only one.
About the Congress defeat for the third successive time in the Gujarat Assembly elections, he said that the party was seriously thinking about its weaknesses in the state.
"As far as Madhya Pradesh is concerned, the party leadership here is quite good," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL