Jyotiraditya Scindia, Digvijay Singh patch up
Guna, Dec 9 (PTI) The Congress in Madhya Pradesh today got a shot in the arm with state leader and Union Minister of Power Jyotiraditya Scindia and party`s general secretary Digvijay Singh showing signs of patching up their differences.
Scindia even said that Digvijay Singh was like his father and Singh also reciprocated saying the Union Minister was like his son.
After being present together at the inauguration of a hospital here, both the leaders in the presence of Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee President, Kantilal Bhuria inaugurated District Congress Committee building.
Though in Congress circles, Singh and Scindia were considered as opponents, today they tried their best to give message to their respective supporters that they are one.
Upon knowing that Scindia had arrived at the airstrip here and had headed towards the city, Singh also rushed to a point where Scindia`s supporters were waiting to greet him and joined them before the arrival of the Minister.
After reaching there, Scindia instead of accepting garland from Singh tried his best to make him accept the one. Later, both the leaders were garlanded by the party workers.
Addressing the function, Scindia said that there might be some difference of opinion between him and Singh, but whenever there was a crisis in the Scindia family, Singh always stood with them.
Meanwhile, Singh gave the credit of defeating BJP`s motion on FDI to Kamal Nath.
Earlier, Bhuria said that Congress would succeed in "Mission 2013" (Winning assembly polls in MP) and form government in the state under the leadership of Singh and Scindia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!