Jyotiraditya Scindia, Digvijay Singh patch up
Guna, Dec 9 (PTI) The Congress in Madhya Pradesh today got a shot in the arm with state leader and Union Minister of Power Jyotiraditya Scindia and party`s general secretary Digvijay Singh showing signs of patching up their differences.
Scindia even said that Digvijay Singh was like his father and Singh also reciprocated saying the Union Minister was like his son.
After being present together at the inauguration of a hospital here, both the leaders in the presence of Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee President, Kantilal Bhuria inaugurated District Congress Committee building.
Though in Congress circles, Singh and Scindia were considered as opponents, today they tried their best to give message to their respective supporters that they are one.
Upon knowing that Scindia had arrived at the airstrip here and had headed towards the city, Singh also rushed to a point where Scindia`s supporters were waiting to greet him and joined them before the arrival of the Minister.
After reaching there, Scindia instead of accepting garland from Singh tried his best to make him accept the one. Later, both the leaders were garlanded by the party workers.
Addressing the function, Scindia said that there might be some difference of opinion between him and Singh, but whenever there was a crisis in the Scindia family, Singh always stood with them.
Meanwhile, Singh gave the credit of defeating BJP`s motion on FDI to Kamal Nath.
Earlier, Bhuria said that Congress would succeed in "Mission 2013" (Winning assembly polls in MP) and form government in the state under the leadership of Singh and Scindia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt