Jyotiraditya Scindia dubs BJP`s poll manifesto as bundle of lies
Khandwa: The war of words between BJP and Congress over manifestos for the November 25 Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh heated up today, with Union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia dubbing the ruling party`s manifesto as "the bundle of lies".
"The poll manifesto released by the BJP today is nothing but a bundle of lies as Chouhan`s government has cheated people at every step in the name of development," Scindia said while addressing rallies in support of the party candidates at Pandhana and Nepanagar.
"In the last ten years of BJP rule in Madhya Pradesh, lawlessness prevailed and the state has become totally a worst state," he said, adding that the election is not a fight between political rivals but indeed for the people`s future.
The scion of the royal family also urged the voters to keep their disputed electricity bills safely, saying that "the Congress after coming to power in the state would be waiving them".
Scindia, also the state unit election campaign committee chief, promised to write off agricultural loans up to Rs 51,000 for farmers.
Dubbing BJP as "anti-farmer", he said the saffron party had alway misled farmers and backed off from its promise of waiving agricultural loans.
Scindia alleged that Madhya Pradesh topped the list of crimes against women and girls. "BJP government is misleading people by describing Centre`s scheme as their own," he said while taking potshots at Chouhan government`s `Atal Jyoti Abhiyan`, which envisages supplying 24X7 power in rural areas, as `Atal Andhera (darkness) Abhiyan`.
In its election manifesto released earlier today, the BJP announced a slew of measures for the poor and the youth, including giving smart phone to students, laptops for meritorious ones, besides benefits to five lakh youngsters under self-employment schemes.
The Chief Minister has dubbed the Congress` manifesto, released on November 12, as a "dying declaration".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'