Kalam advises officers to take on challenges
Bhopal: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam here Wednesday advised the trainee officials of All India Services and Central Services to set long-term goals for achieving success in their respective areas of functioning.
"I advise you all to set long-term goals for achieving success in administrative services," Kalam said while addressing the 87th Foundation Course of the trainee officials at the RCPV Naronha Academy of Administration.
Kalam said the aspiration and resultant striving to achieve the goal will help them tackling difficult situations.
He also advised them to do "image branding". "Once done, nobody would dare to approach you for sanctioning illegal work or exert pressure on you," he said.
Kalam also awarded medals and citations to those officers who have excelled in their batches.
General Administration Minister Kanhaiyalal Agrawal and Academy`s Director General Abha Asthana also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...