Kalam advises officers to take on challenges
Bhopal: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam here Wednesday advised the trainee officials of All India Services and Central Services to set long-term goals for achieving success in their respective areas of functioning.
"I advise you all to set long-term goals for achieving success in administrative services," Kalam said while addressing the 87th Foundation Course of the trainee officials at the RCPV Naronha Academy of Administration.
Kalam said the aspiration and resultant striving to achieve the goal will help them tackling difficult situations.
He also advised them to do "image branding". "Once done, nobody would dare to approach you for sanctioning illegal work or exert pressure on you," he said.
Kalam also awarded medals and citations to those officers who have excelled in their batches.
General Administration Minister Kanhaiyalal Agrawal and Academy`s Director General Abha Asthana also spoke on the occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'