Kalam advises officers to take on challenges
Bhopal: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam here Wednesday advised the trainee officials of All India Services and Central Services to set long-term goals for achieving success in their respective areas of functioning.
"I advise you all to set long-term goals for achieving success in administrative services," Kalam said while addressing the 87th Foundation Course of the trainee officials at the RCPV Naronha Academy of Administration.
Kalam said the aspiration and resultant striving to achieve the goal will help them tackling difficult situations.
He also advised them to do "image branding". "Once done, nobody would dare to approach you for sanctioning illegal work or exert pressure on you," he said.
Kalam also awarded medals and citations to those officers who have excelled in their batches.
General Administration Minister Kanhaiyalal Agrawal and Academy`s Director General Abha Asthana also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets