Kalam advises officers to take on challenges
Bhopal: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam here Wednesday advised the trainee officials of All India Services and Central Services to set long-term goals for achieving success in their respective areas of functioning.
"I advise you all to set long-term goals for achieving success in administrative services," Kalam said while addressing the 87th Foundation Course of the trainee officials at the RCPV Naronha Academy of Administration.
Kalam said the aspiration and resultant striving to achieve the goal will help them tackling difficult situations.
He also advised them to do "image branding". "Once done, nobody would dare to approach you for sanctioning illegal work or exert pressure on you," he said.
Kalam also awarded medals and citations to those officers who have excelled in their batches.
General Administration Minister Kanhaiyalal Agrawal and Academy`s Director General Abha Asthana also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown