Kalam advises officers to take on challenges
Bhopal: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam here Wednesday advised the trainee officials of All India Services and Central Services to set long-term goals for achieving success in their respective areas of functioning.
"I advise you all to set long-term goals for achieving success in administrative services," Kalam said while addressing the 87th Foundation Course of the trainee officials at the RCPV Naronha Academy of Administration.
Kalam said the aspiration and resultant striving to achieve the goal will help them tackling difficult situations.
He also advised them to do "image branding". "Once done, nobody would dare to approach you for sanctioning illegal work or exert pressure on you," he said.
Kalam also awarded medals and citations to those officers who have excelled in their batches.
General Administration Minister Kanhaiyalal Agrawal and Academy`s Director General Abha Asthana also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter