Kalraj Mishra resigns from Rajya Sabha
Lucknow: Senior BJP leader Kalraj Mishra,
who successfully contested the Uttar Pradesh Assembly
elections, today resigned from the membership of Rajya Sabha.
Mishra handed over his resignation to the Rajya Sabha
chairman today, BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said here.
Mishra was elected to the Assembly from the Lucknow east
seat in the recently concluded polls. His Rajya Sabha term was
due to expire on April two.
Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) leader Jayant Chaudhary had
yesterday resigned from the membership of the Vidhan Sabha
opting to retain his parliamentary seat of Mathura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy