KD Deshmukh appointed pro-tem Speaker of MP Assembly
Bhopal: Senior BJP MLA KD Deshmukh has been appointed as pro-tem Speaker of Madhya Pradesh Assembly, official sources said on Sunday.
After the death of Speaker Ishwardas Rohani during electioneering for the recently held Assembly polls in the state, Gyan Singh was appointed as the pro-tem Speaker by Governor Ram Naresh Yadav, they said.
But, following the induction of Gyan Singh as minister in Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s Cabinet, the Governor yesterday appointed Deshmukh, who won the Assembly election from Katangi seat, as pro-tem Speaker.
Deshmukh will work as an acting Speaker till the appointment of a full-time Speaker of the House, sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata