KD Deshmukh appointed pro-tem Speaker of MP Assembly
Bhopal: Senior BJP MLA KD Deshmukh has been appointed as pro-tem Speaker of Madhya Pradesh Assembly, official sources said on Sunday.
After the death of Speaker Ishwardas Rohani during electioneering for the recently held Assembly polls in the state, Gyan Singh was appointed as the pro-tem Speaker by Governor Ram Naresh Yadav, they said.
But, following the induction of Gyan Singh as minister in Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s Cabinet, the Governor yesterday appointed Deshmukh, who won the Assembly election from Katangi seat, as pro-tem Speaker.
Deshmukh will work as an acting Speaker till the appointment of a full-time Speaker of the House, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday