KD Deshmukh appointed pro-tem Speaker of MP Assembly
Bhopal: Senior BJP MLA KD Deshmukh has been appointed as pro-tem Speaker of Madhya Pradesh Assembly, official sources said on Sunday.
After the death of Speaker Ishwardas Rohani during electioneering for the recently held Assembly polls in the state, Gyan Singh was appointed as the pro-tem Speaker by Governor Ram Naresh Yadav, they said.
But, following the induction of Gyan Singh as minister in Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s Cabinet, the Governor yesterday appointed Deshmukh, who won the Assembly election from Katangi seat, as pro-tem Speaker.
Deshmukh will work as an acting Speaker till the appointment of a full-time Speaker of the House, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?