KD Deshmukh appointed pro-tem Speaker of MP Assembly
Bhopal: Senior BJP MLA KD Deshmukh has been appointed as pro-tem Speaker of Madhya Pradesh Assembly, official sources said on Sunday.
After the death of Speaker Ishwardas Rohani during electioneering for the recently held Assembly polls in the state, Gyan Singh was appointed as the pro-tem Speaker by Governor Ram Naresh Yadav, they said.
But, following the induction of Gyan Singh as minister in Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s Cabinet, the Governor yesterday appointed Deshmukh, who won the Assembly election from Katangi seat, as pro-tem Speaker.
Deshmukh will work as an acting Speaker till the appointment of a full-time Speaker of the House, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video