Lance Naik Sudhakar killed in Pak attack cremated
Sidhi: The mortal remains of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh Baghel, who was one of the soldiers killed in an attack by Pakistan army across the LoC, were Thursday consigned to flames at his village Darhia near here with full military honours.
The funeral pyre was lit by Satyendra Singh, Sudhakar`s elder brother. At least 10,000 persons from nearby villages were present to bid farewell to the martyr.
Those present on the occasion included Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Leader of Opposition in State assembly, Ajay Singh and Minister in-charge of Sidhi district Nagendra Singh.
Sudhakar`s body reached Darhia this morning by road in an Army vehicle from Jabalpur.
The Chief Minister after cremation, announced an ex-gratia of Rs 15 lakh to the kin of the soldier.
Also, his widow will be given a government job at a place of her choice on compassionate grounds, Chouhan said.
A memorial will be constructed in his native village and a plot will also be allotted to them there, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report