Lance Naik Sudhakar killed in Pak attack cremated
Sidhi: The mortal remains of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh Baghel, who was one of the soldiers killed in an attack by Pakistan army across the LoC, were Thursday consigned to flames at his village Darhia near here with full military honours.
The funeral pyre was lit by Satyendra Singh, Sudhakar`s elder brother. At least 10,000 persons from nearby villages were present to bid farewell to the martyr.
Those present on the occasion included Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Leader of Opposition in State assembly, Ajay Singh and Minister in-charge of Sidhi district Nagendra Singh.
Sudhakar`s body reached Darhia this morning by road in an Army vehicle from Jabalpur.
The Chief Minister after cremation, announced an ex-gratia of Rs 15 lakh to the kin of the soldier.
Also, his widow will be given a government job at a place of her choice on compassionate grounds, Chouhan said.
A memorial will be constructed in his native village and a plot will also be allotted to them there, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day