Lance Naik Sudhakar killed in Pak attack cremated
Sidhi: The mortal remains of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh Baghel, who was one of the soldiers killed in an attack by Pakistan army across the LoC, were Thursday consigned to flames at his village Darhia near here with full military honours.
The funeral pyre was lit by Satyendra Singh, Sudhakar`s elder brother. At least 10,000 persons from nearby villages were present to bid farewell to the martyr.
Those present on the occasion included Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Leader of Opposition in State assembly, Ajay Singh and Minister in-charge of Sidhi district Nagendra Singh.
Sudhakar`s body reached Darhia this morning by road in an Army vehicle from Jabalpur.
The Chief Minister after cremation, announced an ex-gratia of Rs 15 lakh to the kin of the soldier.
Also, his widow will be given a government job at a place of her choice on compassionate grounds, Chouhan said.
A memorial will be constructed in his native village and a plot will also be allotted to them there, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon