Late Indian president`s brother gets three-year jail term
Bhopal: A local court awarded a three-year prison sentence and a fine of Rs 1000 today to former late president Shankar Dayal Sharma`s brother Shambu Dayal Sharma for cheating.
The sentence was awarded by Judicial Magistrate Varsha Sharma under Sections relevant sections of IPC against Shambu Dayal Sharma for cheating a youth employed by him as a peon in his capacity as District Leprosy Eradication Officer.
Though the youth, identified as Ramsanehi, had applied for the post of an assistant in 1995, Shambu Dayal Sharma informed him that since he had not passed the higher secondary exam, he could not be appointed to that post but he can join as a peon, to which he agreed.
Later, Shambu Dayal Sharma asked him to work at his residence and used to pay him only Rs 500.
When Ramsanehi got to know that he was supposed to get Rs 2000 per month, he left the job and complained about his ordeal to department officials and the district collector.
The collector directed that a case be registered against Shambu Dayal Sharma at the TT Nagar Police Station and be submitted for trial in the court.
On the basis of evidence submitted by the prosecution, the court awarded a three-year prison sentence and a fine of Rs 1000 to Shambu Dayal Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj