Leader of Opposition in MP Assembly returns official car
Bhopal: To protest the delay in allotment of an official bungalow and staff to him, newly appointed Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Satyadev Katare has returned his official car to the state government.
The senior Congress leader told PTI today that he was forced to take this decision as the state BJP government has so far failed to allot an official bungalow to him.
Katare said he had met Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan some days back and the latter had assured him that an officer would approach him with a list of vacant bungalows.
"No one has turned up to meet me so far," he said, adding that when he asked the government to allot a particular house, he was told that it had been allotted to a minister.
Katare was nominated Leader of Opposition in the newly elected MP Assembly on January 9. The post is equivalent to that of a state cabinet minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan