Leader of Opposition in MP Assembly returns official car
Bhopal: To protest the delay in allotment of an official bungalow and staff to him, newly appointed Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Satyadev Katare has returned his official car to the state government.
The senior Congress leader told PTI today that he was forced to take this decision as the state BJP government has so far failed to allot an official bungalow to him.
Katare said he had met Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan some days back and the latter had assured him that an officer would approach him with a list of vacant bungalows.
"No one has turned up to meet me so far," he said, adding that when he asked the government to allot a particular house, he was told that it had been allotted to a minister.
Katare was nominated Leader of Opposition in the newly elected MP Assembly on January 9. The post is equivalent to that of a state cabinet minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH