Lightning strikes kill 12 in MP
Bhopal: Twelve persons were killed in lightning strikes as heavy unseasonal rains and hailstorm lashed parts of Madhya Pradesh last night, official sources said on Sunday.
In separate incidents in Sagar district, five persons, including a minor boy, were killed by lightning strikes while they were working in their farm.
The victims have been identified as Sourabh Adivasi (11) of Semra Gond village, Uttam Singh (35) of Narvan village, Ratiram Patel (40) and Tillu Patel (20) of Gangapur village and Bhagwan Singh Dangi (63) of Keval village, sources said.
Two others were killed in lightning strikes in Rajgarh district, two in Berasia tehsil and one each in Damoh and Tikamgarh districts, they said.
Another person was killed in Begumganj tehsil by lightning strike, sources said, adding that the process was on to identify these victims.
Heavy rains and hailstorm caused extensive damage to standing wheat and gram crop and also damaged mango trees. Revenue department officials have been asked to assess the damage, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price