Lightning strikes kill 12 in MP
Bhopal: Twelve persons were killed in lightning strikes as heavy unseasonal rains and hailstorm lashed parts of Madhya Pradesh last night, official sources said on Sunday.
In separate incidents in Sagar district, five persons, including a minor boy, were killed by lightning strikes while they were working in their farm.
The victims have been identified as Sourabh Adivasi (11) of Semra Gond village, Uttam Singh (35) of Narvan village, Ratiram Patel (40) and Tillu Patel (20) of Gangapur village and Bhagwan Singh Dangi (63) of Keval village, sources said.
Two others were killed in lightning strikes in Rajgarh district, two in Berasia tehsil and one each in Damoh and Tikamgarh districts, they said.
Another person was killed in Begumganj tehsil by lightning strike, sources said, adding that the process was on to identify these victims.
Heavy rains and hailstorm caused extensive damage to standing wheat and gram crop and also damaged mango trees. Revenue department officials have been asked to assess the damage, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS