Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
Bhopal: With an aim to conduct free and fair Lok Sabha elections, poll officials have seized 1.75 lakh litre liquor worth Rs 4.85 crore from different parts of Madhya Pradesh.
Besides, nearly Rs 1.01 crore cash, gold and silver items worth Rs 2.80 crore, narcotic drugs worth Rs 2.40 crore and other items worth Rs 37 lakh have been seized in the state by poll officials, election office sources said here.
The seizures were made by police, Excise, Income Tax, flying squads and Static Surveillance Team (SST) of the Election Commission, they said.
Polling will be held in the state in three phases on April 10, 17 and 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?