Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
Bhopal: With an aim to conduct free and fair Lok Sabha elections, poll officials have seized 1.75 lakh litre liquor worth Rs 4.85 crore from different parts of Madhya Pradesh.
Besides, nearly Rs 1.01 crore cash, gold and silver items worth Rs 2.80 crore, narcotic drugs worth Rs 2.40 crore and other items worth Rs 37 lakh have been seized in the state by poll officials, election office sources said here.
The seizures were made by police, Excise, Income Tax, flying squads and Static Surveillance Team (SST) of the Election Commission, they said.
Polling will be held in the state in three phases on April 10, 17 and 24.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living