Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
Bhopal: With an aim to conduct free and fair Lok Sabha elections, poll officials have seized 1.75 lakh litre liquor worth Rs 4.85 crore from different parts of Madhya Pradesh.
Besides, nearly Rs 1.01 crore cash, gold and silver items worth Rs 2.80 crore, narcotic drugs worth Rs 2.40 crore and other items worth Rs 37 lakh have been seized in the state by poll officials, election office sources said here.
The seizures were made by police, Excise, Income Tax, flying squads and Static Surveillance Team (SST) of the Election Commission, they said.
Polling will be held in the state in three phases on April 10, 17 and 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read