Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
Bhopal: With an aim to conduct free and fair Lok Sabha elections, poll officials have seized 1.75 lakh litre liquor worth Rs 4.85 crore from different parts of Madhya Pradesh.
Besides, nearly Rs 1.01 crore cash, gold and silver items worth Rs 2.80 crore, narcotic drugs worth Rs 2.40 crore and other items worth Rs 37 lakh have been seized in the state by poll officials, election office sources said here.
The seizures were made by police, Excise, Income Tax, flying squads and Static Surveillance Team (SST) of the Election Commission, they said.
Polling will be held in the state in three phases on April 10, 17 and 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home