Lizard in mid-day meal; 15 children fall ill
Seoni (MP): As many as 15 children and an assistant working at a village Anganwadi centre on Monday fell ill after consuming mid-day meal in which a lizard was found, official sources said.
After the children consumed food at the Aanganwadi of Lalpur village under Barghat tehsil here, they and the assistant complained of uneasiness.
Later, a lizard was found in one of the containers from which the meal was served, the sources said.
The food was served to them by a self-help group (NGO).
The children were admitted in the Community Health Centre at Barghat where their condition is reported to be stable.
Confirming the incident, Barghat tehsildar Ajay Pathak said the contract of the NGO has been terminated with immediate effect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened