Lokayukta court extends date for replies in IAS couple case
Bhopal: The special Lokayukta court has extended the date for filing of replies by suspended Madhya Pradesh IAS couple Arvind Joshi and Tinoo Joshi and 17 others, on a proposal to confiscate wealth and properties seized from the tainted couple.
They will now file their replies on September 28 in this regard.
Except S P Kohli, the business partner of the tainted IAS couple, all the other accused including Arvind Joshi and Tinoo Joshi failed to appear before the court yesterday and their advocates argued the case.
Special Judge Alka Dubey extended the date for hearing because of absence of some documents required by the court.
The Income Tax department had raided the residence of Joshis here in 2011 and unearthed Rs three crore in cash besides documents about properties worth crores.
Earlier this year, a special anti-corruption court had issued notices to the IAS couple and their relatives, for the confiscation of their properties, said to be worth Rs 22 crore.
The IAS couple was charged under sections 13(1)(e) and 13(2) of Prevention of Corruption Act while the other accused were charged under sections 109 and 120 of IPC.
The couple had earlier filed a petition in the High Court to stop seizure of their properties as ordered by the Madhya Pradesh government, which the court had turned down.
Also, following Madhya Pradesh government`s approval, the Lokayukta had filed an application in the special court, seeking consent for confiscation of the couple`s properties on the ground that they were acquired through illegal means and were disproportionate to known sources of their income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!