Lokayukta Police arrest official for taking bribe
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police have arrested a sub-divisional officer of the water resources department for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 25,000 from a contractor here.
Following a complaint by contractor Vipin Jain, Lokayukta Police laid a trap and arrested SDO Padmabhushan Sharma from his residence last night when he was accepting the money, sources said.
Lokayukta Police have registered a case against Sharma and an executive engineer of the department, who allegedly colluded with the SDO, under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air