Lokayukta Police arrest official for taking bribe
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police have arrested a sub-divisional officer of the water resources department for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 25,000 from a contractor here.
Following a complaint by contractor Vipin Jain, Lokayukta Police laid a trap and arrested SDO Padmabhushan Sharma from his residence last night when he was accepting the money, sources said.
Lokayukta Police have registered a case against Sharma and an executive engineer of the department, who allegedly colluded with the SDO, under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today