Lokayukta Police arrest official for taking bribe
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police have arrested a sub-divisional officer of the water resources department for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 25,000 from a contractor here.
Following a complaint by contractor Vipin Jain, Lokayukta Police laid a trap and arrested SDO Padmabhushan Sharma from his residence last night when he was accepting the money, sources said.
Lokayukta Police have registered a case against Sharma and an executive engineer of the department, who allegedly colluded with the SDO, under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why