Lokayukta Police raids premises of panchayat CEO
Indore: The Lokayukta Police on Friday raided
three premises belonging to a panchayat CEO here and claimed
to have unearthed assets worth Rs 3.4 crore, officials said.
The special establishment of Lokayukta Police today raided
three premises belonging to Sendhva Janpad Panchayat`s Chief
Executive Officer, Lakhan Singh Rajput, and claimed to have
unearthed assets worth Rs 3.4 crore as per the government
valuation, SP Virendra Singh said.
Lokayukta police searched two premises here, and another
at Sendhva, 170 km from Indore, he said.
Rajput, a class three officer, was found to be owning two
houses, a shopping complex, a commercial plot in Indore; three
acres of agricultural land at Badwaha, two luxury cars and
three motorbikes of latest models, Singh said, adding Rs
74,000 in cash was also found in the houses.
Market value of the assets could be around Rs ten crore,
the SP said.
A criminal case has been registered against Rajput.
In Ujjain, Lokayukta Police raided the residences of a
Regional Transport Inspector and his brother and claimed to
have found documents related to assets worth Rs 6 crore.
The assets of the inspector, Sevaram Khandekar and his
brother Bhagwandas included four houses, four shops, five
plots and four agricultural lands, officials said.
The raid was led by SP Arun Mishra. Bhagwandas is a
Congress corporator from Ujjain.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched