Lokayukta raids bureaucrat`s premises; unearths illegal assets
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police on Tuesday raided the official residence and other premises of State Joint Director, Industries, RC Kuriel in two cities and unearthed details of immovable properties worth crores, disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Acting on a tip-off, the raid was carried out simultaneously at Kuriel`s official residence in Anna Nagar at Bhopal and his private house in Jabalpur district, by a team of Lokayukta officials from the city, Lokayukta`s Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) SP Chouhan told PTI.
So far, Lokayukta sleuths have recovered documents of properties including seven houses (of which two are in Minal Residency, Bhopal) three farm houses including one at Bairagarh, Bhopal and two shops, allegedly belonging to him.
The actual value of these assets is still being calculated, he said adding further investigations are on, the DSP added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata