Lokayukta raids bureaucrat`s premises; unearths illegal assets
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police on Tuesday raided the official residence and other premises of State Joint Director, Industries, RC Kuriel in two cities and unearthed details of immovable properties worth crores, disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Acting on a tip-off, the raid was carried out simultaneously at Kuriel`s official residence in Anna Nagar at Bhopal and his private house in Jabalpur district, by a team of Lokayukta officials from the city, Lokayukta`s Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) SP Chouhan told PTI.
So far, Lokayukta sleuths have recovered documents of properties including seven houses (of which two are in Minal Residency, Bhopal) three farm houses including one at Bairagarh, Bhopal and two shops, allegedly belonging to him.
The actual value of these assets is still being calculated, he said adding further investigations are on, the DSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore