Lokayukta raids bureaucrat`s premises; unearths illegal assets
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police on Tuesday raided the official residence and other premises of State Joint Director, Industries, RC Kuriel in two cities and unearthed details of immovable properties worth crores, disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Acting on a tip-off, the raid was carried out simultaneously at Kuriel`s official residence in Anna Nagar at Bhopal and his private house in Jabalpur district, by a team of Lokayukta officials from the city, Lokayukta`s Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) SP Chouhan told PTI.
So far, Lokayukta sleuths have recovered documents of properties including seven houses (of which two are in Minal Residency, Bhopal) three farm houses including one at Bairagarh, Bhopal and two shops, allegedly belonging to him.
The actual value of these assets is still being calculated, he said adding further investigations are on, the DSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj