Lokayukta raids premises of IPS officer in Bhopal
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta today carried out searches at the residential premises of Inspector General of Police (IG) Mayank Jain.
The Lokyukta sleuths have unearthed documents showing assets including 50 acres of land, two nursing homes and 8 houses spread across Rewa, Indore and Bhopal.
The raid was conducted following a complaint filed against Jain for amassing illegal property and documents.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, anti-corruption team (Lokayukta), SS Udawat, said investigations are taking place.
"During the raid, we have recovered documents related to bank and other documents as well. We will check and investigate," said Udawat.
The anti-corruption officials, in the last few months, have carried out raids at the residence of various officials, who have been accused of amassing illegal wealth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan