Lokayukta raids premises of IPS officer in Bhopal
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta today carried out searches at the residential premises of Inspector General of Police (IG) Mayank Jain.
The Lokyukta sleuths have unearthed documents showing assets including 50 acres of land, two nursing homes and 8 houses spread across Rewa, Indore and Bhopal.
The raid was conducted following a complaint filed against Jain for amassing illegal property and documents.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, anti-corruption team (Lokayukta), SS Udawat, said investigations are taking place.
"During the raid, we have recovered documents related to bank and other documents as well. We will check and investigate," said Udawat.
The anti-corruption officials, in the last few months, have carried out raids at the residence of various officials, who have been accused of amassing illegal wealth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September