Lokayukta raids premises of IPS officer in Bhopal
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta today carried out searches at the residential premises of Inspector General of Police (IG) Mayank Jain.
The Lokyukta sleuths have unearthed documents showing assets including 50 acres of land, two nursing homes and 8 houses spread across Rewa, Indore and Bhopal.
The raid was conducted following a complaint filed against Jain for amassing illegal property and documents.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, anti-corruption team (Lokayukta), SS Udawat, said investigations are taking place.
"During the raid, we have recovered documents related to bank and other documents as well. We will check and investigate," said Udawat.
The anti-corruption officials, in the last few months, have carried out raids at the residence of various officials, who have been accused of amassing illegal wealth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending former partner Johnny Depp?
- Delhi: Africans thrash Ola cabbie for refusing to carry extra passengers
- New Horizons' best close-up of Pluto's surface – Watch!
- SoftBank's investments in India may surpass $10 billion
- Jaitley to 'take India story forward' with Japanese investors