Lokayukta raids premises of IPS officer in Bhopal
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta today carried out searches at the residential premises of Inspector General of Police (IG) Mayank Jain.
The Lokyukta sleuths have unearthed documents showing assets including 50 acres of land, two nursing homes and 8 houses spread across Rewa, Indore and Bhopal.
The raid was conducted following a complaint filed against Jain for amassing illegal property and documents.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, anti-corruption team (Lokayukta), SS Udawat, said investigations are taking place.
"During the raid, we have recovered documents related to bank and other documents as well. We will check and investigate," said Udawat.
The anti-corruption officials, in the last few months, have carried out raids at the residence of various officials, who have been accused of amassing illegal wealth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey