Lokayukta raids premises of IPS officer in Bhopal
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta today carried out searches at the residential premises of Inspector General of Police (IG) Mayank Jain.
The Lokyukta sleuths have unearthed documents showing assets including 50 acres of land, two nursing homes and 8 houses spread across Rewa, Indore and Bhopal.
The raid was conducted following a complaint filed against Jain for amassing illegal property and documents.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, anti-corruption team (Lokayukta), SS Udawat, said investigations are taking place.
"During the raid, we have recovered documents related to bank and other documents as well. We will check and investigate," said Udawat.
The anti-corruption officials, in the last few months, have carried out raids at the residence of various officials, who have been accused of amassing illegal wealth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon