Lokayukta reject claim it did not book minister despite evidence
Indore: Lokayukta Police on Thursday dismissed the claim of the complainant in the Rs 1.5 crore land scam of 2004 that it did not make Madhya Pradesh Industries Minister, Kailash Vijaywargiya, an accused in the case despite having evidences against him.
The complainant, a former Minister and senior Congress leader Suresh Seth, had alleged the Lokayukta gave a clean chit to Vijaywargiya despite having evidences against him in the land scam and demanded that the court direct the probe agency to make the minister an accused in the case.
However, dismissing the claim of the complainant, the Lokayukta`s counsel told a special court, trying the land scam, that the complainant`s allegation was baseless and sought quashment of the complaint as it had conducted investigations with "transparency and impartiality".
The court fixed July 10 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
The Lokayukta had filed a chargesheet in the land scam against BJP MLA Ramesh Mendola and 17 others on May 20.
The case relates to alleged illegal transfer of a three- acre leased land belonging to Dhanlaxmi Chemicals to Nandanagar Credit Cooperative Society headed by Mendola by Indore Municipal Corporation when Vijaywargiya was the Mayor of Indore in 2004, following which Seth had filed a complaint in the court and later probe was ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH