Lokayukta seeks court`s nod to seize IAS couple`s properties in MP
Bhopal: The Lokayukta on Thursday filed an application in a local court to seize properties worth Rs 22.6 crore belonging to controversial IAS couple Arvind and Tinoo Joshi, their 13 relatives and friends.
The application was moved by the Lokayukta in the court of Special Additional Session Judge Alka Dubey.
Besides the Joshi couple, Arvind`s father H M Joshi, mother Nirmala Joshi, Abha Joshi, Vibha Joshi, Ishant Joshi, Aasmi Joshi, Rajiv Joshi, Renu Joshi (all relatives) and family friends like S P Kohli, Harsh Kohli, Sahil Kohli, Imaan Kohli and an associate, Pavan Agrawal were mentioned in the application.
The court directed the Lokayukta counsel to study the documents and point out how much property is owned by each individual whose name is mentioned in the application.
At present, the court has not fixed any further date to hear the case.
Income Tax officials had raided the official residence of the Joshi couple at Bhopal in 2010 and recovered over Rs 3.5 crore cash and documents related to huge properties and other valuables disproportionate to their known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional