Lokayukta seeks court`s nod to seize IAS couple`s properties in MP
Bhopal: The Lokayukta on Thursday filed an application in a local court to seize properties worth Rs 22.6 crore belonging to controversial IAS couple Arvind and Tinoo Joshi, their 13 relatives and friends.
The application was moved by the Lokayukta in the court of Special Additional Session Judge Alka Dubey.
Besides the Joshi couple, Arvind`s father H M Joshi, mother Nirmala Joshi, Abha Joshi, Vibha Joshi, Ishant Joshi, Aasmi Joshi, Rajiv Joshi, Renu Joshi (all relatives) and family friends like S P Kohli, Harsh Kohli, Sahil Kohli, Imaan Kohli and an associate, Pavan Agrawal were mentioned in the application.
The court directed the Lokayukta counsel to study the documents and point out how much property is owned by each individual whose name is mentioned in the application.
At present, the court has not fixed any further date to hear the case.
Income Tax officials had raided the official residence of the Joshi couple at Bhopal in 2010 and recovered over Rs 3.5 crore cash and documents related to huge properties and other valuables disproportionate to their known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai