Lokayuktas meet in Oct to bring code for corruption cases
Bhopal: Lokayuktas of 20 different states of the country will meet here in October this year to discuss uniformity in dealing with corruption cases.
"A two-day conference of Lokayuktas (Ombudsmen) of the country will take place in October and its date will be finalised shortly," Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Justice PP
Naolekar told a news agency.
Justice Naolekar, who is a retired Supreme Court Judge, said that almost all the Lokayuktas have given their consent to attend the conference.
"I think there is a need for a central model code to help in the functioning of the Lokayuktas in the country," Justice Naolekar said adding that this issue will be discussed
at the conference.
"If a central model code was formulated, the states can draw guidelines from it to enforce uniformity in the functioning of Lokayuktas," he said.
In Madhya Pradesh, he said that the Lokayukta has power to initiate contempt of court proceedings in High Court, which was not there in other states.
"We are going to discuss other issues in the conference as well," Justice Naolekar added.
As of now, the different acts were in vogue in states with regard to Lokayuktas` functioning, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH