Madhya Pradesh: 10 passengers burnt alive in bus
Bhopal: At least 10 passengers were on Sunday burnt alive and 20 injured when the bus they were travelling in was torched during a clash between two transporters in Badwani district of Madhya Pradesh, police said.
Superintendent of Police RS Meena said that the bus, belonging to Ashok Travels, was set on fire around 5 pm at Sedhav Balmukund area in the district, over 300 km from this state capital.
"There was a fight among two bus operators and one operator`s people torched Ashok Travels` bus in which at least 10 people were killed," said Meena.
Twenty-two people received burns. Bodies of eight dead people have been recovered so far.
Bus driver Tarun Soni and conductor Dilip Sharma, both from Mandsaur, are absconding, Meena said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed