Madhya Pradesh: 400 people, District Collector stranded in floods
Bhopal: Heavy rains have been pounding many parts of Madhya Pradesh for the past 48 hours, leading to loss of life, property and livestock, according to reports.
The capital city has been paralysed by heavy rains. Holiday has been declared in various schools and colleges here for the next two days.
Heavy rains over the past two days have led to flood-like situation here. As per reports, four people are dead in a wall collapse in Raisen district.
A bridge was swept away over Rajdon river Betul district. The city`s road links with Raisen and Hoshangabad have also been damaged.
Heavy rains have also caused havoc in Hoshangabad district where at least 400 people of a village have got stranded including the District Collector.
Sources said that a team of Army personnel have already left for the area to carry out rescue operation.
The Regional Meteorological Centre (RMC) has issued a warning of heavy rains for Bhopal, Indore, Raisen, Hoshangabad, Gwalior, Chambal and Ujjain divisions.
Rescue operations are also on in full swing in many other flood-hit areas in MP. In many other districts flood alert has been sounded after rivers passing through these districts started swelling, as per officials.
As many as 13 gates of the Tawa dam, near Harda district, were opened on Sunday following heavy rains which led to increase in water level of the reservoir.
Those living along the banks of Tawa river have been asked to take safety measures, officials said.
People have been asked to stay alert since the water level of the Narmada river and its tributaries was on the rise, they said.
Water gushed inside many houses in the low-lying areas of the city, thereby increasing their woes, sources said.
Adequate security arrangements have been made to deal with the situation, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists