Madhya Pradesh: ABVP leader killed in Shahdol
Shahdol (MP): A leader of Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad, the student wing of BJP, was allegedly killed here by three persons over a dispute, police said.
Enraged ABVP workers later created ruckus at the local police station demanding immediate arrest of the accused, police said.
ABVP leader Suraj Yadav (21) was allegedly knifed to death last night by three persons -- Ankur Sharma, Haneef and an unidentified person -- in the Purani Basti area over some dispute, police said, adding, the trio fled from the spot.
As the news about the murder spread, ABVP workers reached Kotwali Police Station demanding immediate arrest of the accused and also created ruckus in the town, manhandled shopkeepers and forced them to close shops, they said.
Police then reached the spot to control the situation and in the process allegedly manhandled reporters covering the incident.
Senior police officers including Inspector General Ved Prakash Sharma and Superintendent of Police DK Singh reached the police station to pacify the agitators and later line-attached (removed from field duties) the police station in-charge, Chandragupt Dwivedi, for manhandling reporters.
The situation is now under control and additional force has been deployed in the area, police said, adding, efforts were on to nab the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees