Madhya Pradesh: ABVP leader killed in Shahdol
Shahdol (MP): A leader of Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad, the student wing of BJP, was allegedly killed here by three persons over a dispute, police said.
Enraged ABVP workers later created ruckus at the local police station demanding immediate arrest of the accused, police said.
ABVP leader Suraj Yadav (21) was allegedly knifed to death last night by three persons -- Ankur Sharma, Haneef and an unidentified person -- in the Purani Basti area over some dispute, police said, adding, the trio fled from the spot.
As the news about the murder spread, ABVP workers reached Kotwali Police Station demanding immediate arrest of the accused and also created ruckus in the town, manhandled shopkeepers and forced them to close shops, they said.
Police then reached the spot to control the situation and in the process allegedly manhandled reporters covering the incident.
Senior police officers including Inspector General Ved Prakash Sharma and Superintendent of Police DK Singh reached the police station to pacify the agitators and later line-attached (removed from field duties) the police station in-charge, Chandragupt Dwivedi, for manhandling reporters.
The situation is now under control and additional force has been deployed in the area, police said, adding, efforts were on to nab the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded