Madhya Pradesh adjudged best tourism friendly stat
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh was Wednesday adjudged the best tourism friendly state, while Turkey has been awarded the most favoured foreign destination for Indian travellers at an award function here tonight.
The function titled `Hospitality India and Explore the World Annual International Awards and Tourism Travel and Trade Fair` was attended by External Affairs Ministers Salman Khurshid and Minister of State, HRD, Shashi Tharoor along with the Ambassadors to India from Egypt, Turkey and Kuwait.
Speaking on the occasion, Khurshid said, "India is known for its hospitality and we wish to extend it further by making it available to the world...We need to take tourism to those parts of India which were somehow leftout, that way we link ourselves to the real India."
"We hope to improve our ties with India, and improve the scope of tourism with our country and put it a way beyond," Ambassador of Turkey to India, Burak Akcapar said.
Apart from the awards extended to the hotels in India, the event also marked the presentation of hospitality awards to organisations like banks and schools.
In this category, the Excellence in Banking award was presented to the Central Bank of India, while the best school principal was presented to Anand Swaroop of the Air Force Bal Bharati School, New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!