Madhya Pradesh advocate shot dead in broad daylight
Jabalpur: An advocate was shot dead in broad daylight in the Ghamapura area here on Tuesday, as he was returning home from court, the police said.
The lawyer identified as Manoj Yadav, was returning home when three assailants identified as Beni Yadav, Chintoo Yadav and Rakesh stopped and shot him in his head, after a dispute.
Manoj died on the spot, and a hunt is on to nab the accused who fled the spot after the incident, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Amarendra Mishra told reporters.
The deceased advocate was fighting the case of a road accident against Beni Yadav and today`s incident was a fallout of that matter, he said.
Meanwhile, District Advocates` Association president R K S Saini said that lawyers will not appear in court tomorrow in protest against the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez