Madhya Pradesh budget directionless: Ajay Singh
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Ajay Singh on Tuesday said that the 2012-13 state budget presented today in the assembly should have mentioned the funds received from the Centre under various schemes.
"Had the amount of funds received from the Centre, been mentioned, truth would have come out about chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s allegations that the Centre was discriminating against Madhya Pradesh," he said in a statement issued here.
Terming the state budget as "directionless" he said, increase in VAT on cloth and power plants would hit the common man.
"The BJP would do well to find out how much money the state government had received during the NDA rule as well as during the Congress-led UPA government in the past," he said.
He further alleged that the budget had been prepared with an eye on next year`s assembly polls and hence it had been reduced to a "mere formality".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- (manresult.nic.in) Manipur HSLC Results 2016 declared; Manipur HSLC exam result 2016, Manipur Board Class 10 result
- US presidential Donald Trump takes poll lead over Hillary Clinton
- Fan parks across eight cities to showcase IPL play-offs
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016