Madhya Pradesh bypolls: 30% votes polled till 1 pm
Bhopal: Over 30 percent electorate exercised their franchise on Thursday for the three by-polls in Madhya Pradesh – Bahoriband, Vijayraghogarh and Agar assembly constituencies.
The polling so far went peacefully without any untoward incident reported from anywhere, election office sources said.
Till 1 pm, 30 percent voters exercised their right to franchise, sources said.
From Vijayraghavgarh, Congress has fielded Vijendra Mishra against BJP`s Sanjay Pathak.
Pathak had won the seat on a Congress ticket in 2013, but later joined BJP due to differences with the Congress leaders, which necessitated by-poll in the constituency.
On Bahoriband seat, Congress has fielded Sourabh Singh, while BJP relied on Pranav Pandey, son of MLA Prabhat Pandey, who had won the poll in 2013. The seat fell vacant after Prabhat Pandey passed away.
From Agar, Congress`s Rajkumar Gore is pitted against BJP`s Gopal Parmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Sensex drops 205 points, worst single-day fall in a month
- Bribery case: Fresh probe ordered against former Kerala Minister AK Babu
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez can't wait to crack up on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Google's latest app will bring Indian art and culture closer
- Hungary's Orban says "obvious connection" between terrorism and migration