Madhya Pradesh bypolls: 30% votes polled till 1 pm
Bhopal: Over 30 percent electorate exercised their franchise on Thursday for the three by-polls in Madhya Pradesh – Bahoriband, Vijayraghogarh and Agar assembly constituencies.
The polling so far went peacefully without any untoward incident reported from anywhere, election office sources said.
Till 1 pm, 30 percent voters exercised their right to franchise, sources said.
From Vijayraghavgarh, Congress has fielded Vijendra Mishra against BJP`s Sanjay Pathak.
Pathak had won the seat on a Congress ticket in 2013, but later joined BJP due to differences with the Congress leaders, which necessitated by-poll in the constituency.
On Bahoriband seat, Congress has fielded Sourabh Singh, while BJP relied on Pranav Pandey, son of MLA Prabhat Pandey, who had won the poll in 2013. The seat fell vacant after Prabhat Pandey passed away.
From Agar, Congress`s Rajkumar Gore is pitted against BJP`s Gopal Parmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside