Madhya Pradesh bypolls: 30% votes polled till 1 pm
Bhopal: Over 30 percent electorate exercised their franchise on Thursday for the three by-polls in Madhya Pradesh – Bahoriband, Vijayraghogarh and Agar assembly constituencies.
The polling so far went peacefully without any untoward incident reported from anywhere, election office sources said.
Till 1 pm, 30 percent voters exercised their right to franchise, sources said.
From Vijayraghavgarh, Congress has fielded Vijendra Mishra against BJP`s Sanjay Pathak.
Pathak had won the seat on a Congress ticket in 2013, but later joined BJP due to differences with the Congress leaders, which necessitated by-poll in the constituency.
On Bahoriband seat, Congress has fielded Sourabh Singh, while BJP relied on Pranav Pandey, son of MLA Prabhat Pandey, who had won the poll in 2013. The seat fell vacant after Prabhat Pandey passed away.
From Agar, Congress`s Rajkumar Gore is pitted against BJP`s Gopal Parmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!