Madhya Pradesh bypolls: 30% votes polled till 1 pm
Bhopal: Over 30 percent electorate exercised their franchise on Thursday for the three by-polls in Madhya Pradesh – Bahoriband, Vijayraghogarh and Agar assembly constituencies.
The polling so far went peacefully without any untoward incident reported from anywhere, election office sources said.
Till 1 pm, 30 percent voters exercised their right to franchise, sources said.
From Vijayraghavgarh, Congress has fielded Vijendra Mishra against BJP`s Sanjay Pathak.
Pathak had won the seat on a Congress ticket in 2013, but later joined BJP due to differences with the Congress leaders, which necessitated by-poll in the constituency.
On Bahoriband seat, Congress has fielded Sourabh Singh, while BJP relied on Pranav Pandey, son of MLA Prabhat Pandey, who had won the poll in 2013. The seat fell vacant after Prabhat Pandey passed away.
From Agar, Congress`s Rajkumar Gore is pitted against BJP`s Gopal Parmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`