Madhya Pradesh bypolls: 30% votes polled till 1 pm
Bhopal: Over 30 percent electorate exercised their franchise on Thursday for the three by-polls in Madhya Pradesh – Bahoriband, Vijayraghogarh and Agar assembly constituencies.
The polling so far went peacefully without any untoward incident reported from anywhere, election office sources said.
Till 1 pm, 30 percent voters exercised their right to franchise, sources said.
From Vijayraghavgarh, Congress has fielded Vijendra Mishra against BJP`s Sanjay Pathak.
Pathak had won the seat on a Congress ticket in 2013, but later joined BJP due to differences with the Congress leaders, which necessitated by-poll in the constituency.
On Bahoriband seat, Congress has fielded Sourabh Singh, while BJP relied on Pranav Pandey, son of MLA Prabhat Pandey, who had won the poll in 2013. The seat fell vacant after Prabhat Pandey passed away.
From Agar, Congress`s Rajkumar Gore is pitted against BJP`s Gopal Parmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday