Madhya Pradesh: Collector, Congress MPs spar at meeting
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Government on Wednesday ordered an inquiry into an episode involving altercation between Ratlam Collector and two Congress MPs at a review meeting.
Additional Chief Secretary Anthony J DeSa will conduct the inquiry into the incident involving collector Rajiv Dube and Congress MP Kantilal Bhuria and his Ujjain counterpart Premchand Guddu, sources said today.
DeSa will submit his report in a week`s time, they said.
Dube and employees associations registered a strong protest after the incident that happened two days back when a meeting was in progress at Ratlam office.
Bhuria and Guddu "scolded" Dube in the presence of officials and media for allegedly not providing the agenda of the meeting to evaluate progress of implementation of the Centrally-sponsored schemes and also for arriving late in the meeting.
Bhuria and Guddu also said that they will also take up the matter with Lok Sabha Speaker as it amounts to their breach of privilege.
Dube later clarified that since such meetings are called by the seniormost MP and its agenda as such is not prepared in advance.
The IAS officer said he turned up late by "10 seconds" at the meeting and that too because of the presence of a large number of Congress supporters at the entry gate.
Meanwhile, IAS, IPS, IFS and state services associations have submitted a memorandum to chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan condemning the incident and ensure that such things will not recur in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000