Madhya Pradesh: Couple`s murder turns out to be dishonour killing; 3 held
Bhind: The murder of a woman and her male friend here has turned out to be a case of dishonour killing executed by the woman`s brother, police said on Monday.
The woman`s elder brother, Pramod (28), and two others were arrested in connection with the crime yesterday, a police officer said.
Pooja Sharma (21), a resident of Ashok Nagar area, was killed on June 23 following which Pramod filed a report with the police alleging that she was shot dead by her friend Rahul Ojha (22) and his brother Vipin Ojha over a property dispute, Bhind SP Dr Ashish told reporters yesterday.
However, suspecting Pramod`s theory, police carried out an investigation which revealed that he was hiding something, he said.
During questioning, Pramod revealed that he was not happy with the relationship between Pooja and Rahul, a resident of Mehgaon town, and therefore hatched a conspiracy with two others to eliminate them.
As per the plan, the trio first strangled Rahul by calling him at a secluded place and later disposed his body in Muradganj canal of Uttar Pradesh`s Auraiya district on June 21, the SP said.
On June 23, Pramod`s two associates - Shivanand and Bunty Sharma - shot Pooja dead at her residence.
Pramod paid them Rs 1.5 lakh for killing his sister, the SP said.
Rahul`s clothes and a ring were seized from the possession of the trio, he said.
Following Pramod`s confession, the three accused were arrested yesterday, he said.
Rahul body`s is yet to be traced and Chambal range Inspector General DC Sagar has announced a reward of Rs 15,000 to anyone providing concrete information leading to the recovery of the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets